I love being fearless with my baking. I tend to try new things when people come over for dinner or when it’s someone’s birthday. My son’s second birthday is today and I thought I would utilize this occasion to make a lovely chocolate beet cake with cream cheese beet frosting. This is in NO way an attempt to get my kids to eat veggies (call me old fashion but I simply make them sit at their seat until their greens are in their tummy) by hiding them in a cake. This is a birthday people and on birthdays you don’t focus on healthy cakes. At least I don’t anyway. I want something to go in the memory bank and I thought this fun treat would do. The man of the home hasn’t been as thrilled as me for this cake (I have to admit, I have been talking about it ever since I saw beets at the farmers market) but I’m excited to surprise his taste buds.
Fun recipes mean fun messes. At least for me they do. Have you ever worked with beets? Or beets with kids?
When my 6-year-old saw this georgeous spill she nonchilantly says “yeah that’s fine. We have an Enviro Cloth…”. Yep we do. I personally don’t mind if my cleaning cloth becomes stained with beet juice.
When the birthday kid found us making messes in the kitchen he didn’t want to miss out on the fun! I handed him a wisk and the dry ingredients were soon mixed AND spilled all over the floor. Nothing the mop can’t handle.
When the cakes were baking in the oven, the helpers dove into the left over batter in bowls and utelzels.
The end result:
In case you are wondering how my fearless cake turned out, it was a hit. Even my husband loved it and even put a large piece on his nightstand so that he would have it waiting for him in the morning.
I love that I don’t have to completely freak out when mess bombs go off in my home. Norwex really does help ease the mess tension and gives me the green light to hand off cleaning tasks to the little people of the home. No chemicals and a very effective cloth give those little busy hands something to do and a mom that can sit a little longer with coffee in hand.
Let’s introduce the famous Enviro Cloth and Window Cloth, the perfect pair and the cloths that got me hooked on Norwex. There are four reasons that make the Norwex microfiber unique and able to pick up all contaminants off a surface with just water.
1. Each microfiber in the cloth is guaranteed to be 1/200th the size of a human hair! (compared to 1/6th the size of a human hair in your store/over the counter microfiber). These tiny fibers have the ability to pick up an amazing amount of grime and particles from VERY small to larger.
2. These cloths are PACKED full of fiber. The Enviro has 1,700 miles of fiber packed into it! So if you were to unravel all the strains from the cloth, it would stretch above the border of Canada to the border of Mexico! Why does the thread count matter in a cloth? Well like bedsheets, the greater thread count increases the quality of the cloth and gives it a greater ability to hold onto more junk.
3. Norwex has embedded the little microfibers with micro silver (trademarked BacLock). This micro silver antibacterial agent goes to work to self-purify and inhibit bacterial odors, mold and mildew growth within the cloth. No need to throw it in the washer after every other use!!
4. Norwex has a 2 year warranted on all their microfiber! Now that replaces a lot of paper towels, sprays, and time!
I like to call the Envrio cloth the “everything” cloth because it’s amazing for almost every surface. Hard ones, sofas, you name it. I was blown away at how much it picked up with just water!
In the kitchen I like to use my Enviro on my greasy stove top, sink (not for dishes), counter, and tabletop. It picks up a huge amount of soap scum in my tub and I have my little ones use it everyday on bathroom sinks/counters to pick up toothpaste blobs and other interesting contaminants from small people. My husband loves using my Enviro when my daughter spills on the rug or sofa. Trust me, he was blown away with how great it picked up chocolate milk stains in our couch. The list goes on and on with all the jobs this cloth can handle.
If the “everything” cloth is paired with the Window cloth? Your cleaning capabilities around the house greatly increase. If you want a surface to be streak free, simply dry the surface with a Window cloth after wiping it down with your Enviro. I love to spray windows with butter to make them extra nasty and then show people how amazing these two cloths clean (with just water!).
It is very easy to care for your cloths but important if you want them to last years and years. Between uses, simply rinse your cloth under warm water while rubbing it together. Then use the tag to hang it up to dry. As the cloth dries, the BacLock silver agent goes to work purifying your cloth. When the cloth has been used for a few days (on everything possible!), throw it in the washing machine and remember these three simple washing rules:
* Do not use bleach
* Do not use fabric softener
* Do not wash with linty things
Then throw in the dryer! That’s it!